Volume 1, Winter 2011
Dream Come True
2011 has been a dream year for me. After more years than I care to count writing and submitting, I sold my novel, In Her Sights to Amazon's Montlake Romance Line. Then, within a few months I sold three more novels to Harlequin's Intrigue line. Some may say I've been lucky, and if that means when preparedness meets opportunity, I'll go for that definition. I want to say thank you to everyone who has believed in me all these years: friends, coworkers, and most of all my family. It's been a long journey, and I pray that the future holds excitement that I can't imagine.
IN HER SIGHTS, my debut novel will be released from Amazon's Montlake Romance on November 29, 2011. You can get the eBook and paperback versions on Amazon or the paperback version at Barnes and Noble and other retail outlets.
In Her Sights is the story of a female SWAT sniper who finds herself in the crosshairs when her past is exposed and an old enemy returns with a vengeance to seek to destroy her–and everyone she loves. Check out more details, the trailer, the trading cards, reviews, an excerpt, or request a kindlegraph at www.robinperini.com.
Authors…if you're interested in guidelines or more information about what Montlake Romance's submissions editor, Kelli Martin, is looking for, check out my writing blog. I have the inside scoop here.
Blog Tour & Booksigning
· Booksigning. I'll be signing In Her Sights at Hastings on Tramway in Albuquerque, New Mexico on January 7, 2012 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. I'm bringing cookies, so I'd love to see you there.
· Kindlegraphs. If you purchase the Kindle version of In Her Sights, you can get an autograph via Kindlegraph. Click here to request one.
· Blog Tour Grand Slam. Earn 4 chances to win a Kindle! - Join Robin Perini & Melinda Leigh on a Grand Slam Joint Blog Tour Giveaway! To celebrate the release of our debut books from Montlake Romance, IN HER SIGHTS and SHE CAN RUN, we’re blogging together and giving away a Kindle to a lucky commenter on one of these four blogs. Comment as many times as you like, but only one entry per person per blog is permitted. Comment on all four blogs to be entered four times. There will be free books, too! (More information on the blogs and on my website at http://www.robinperini.com)
· November 27 – Romance Bandits
· November 28 - Attacking the Page
· November 29 – Get Lost in a Story
· December 8 – Caridad.com
· In Her Sights Blog Tour – All the events are listed at http://InHerSights.blogspot.com.
· In Her Sights - Live Interview with Cyrus Webb on "Conversations Live!" – Live at 6 pm 11/29/11 or you can listen to the live interview.
Coming in 2012 from Harlequin Intrigue®
I can't believe 2012 will end with three books on the shelves. Check out my website for more information, but here's a sneak peek.
· Finding Her Son (aka 2011 Golden Heart Winner, Stolen Lullaby) – March, 2012 - Determined to find her kidnapped son, a woman suspected in her husband's death reluctantly teams with the embattled SWAT cop assigned to prove her guilt.
· Cowboy in the Crossfire – July, 2012 - Desperate to protect her young son after he witnesses a murder, a woman is forced into an alliance with the disgraced Texas Sheriff who her family framed.
· Royal Secrets* - Christmas, 2012 - Driven into hiding by an assassin, the unexpected heiress to a throne must protect her young twins by relying on the man who betrayed her–her children’s father.
* Title subject to change
Where To Find Me
· Website: http://www.robinperini.com
· Twitter: @robinperini.com – http://www.twitter.com/RobinPerini
· Facebook: http://www.robinperini.com/RobinPeriniAuthor
What Can You Do to Help Out Your Favorite Authors?
So, as I'm venturing into this strange, wonderful and stressful world of a published author, I realized that I didn't know what I could have done—and will start to do—to support my favorite authors. I thought since I wasn’t aware of how much these small things can mean to an author, that I'd share it with you. Take what you want and leave the rest, but I always like learning new tidbits, so I hope that you get something out of this list.
If you really like an author's book, you might consider the following:
· Write them a quick email or letter telling them how much you liked their story. We writers put ourselves and our work out there for the world to see. It's nice to get a bit of praise now and again.
· On Amazon, you can do a couple of things. For example, if you read and like In Her Sights, you could go to the following links:
There are 4 things you can do for the paperback and/or kindle versions.
i. Click on the "Like" button just below the title.
ii. Scroll to the bottom and click on the tags.
iii. "Like" a good review.
iv. If you read the book, post a short (even 1 or 2 sentences) review on either the paperback or Kindle version (One review goes both places, unlike the tags and ‘like’).
· Share with friends and family via Twitter, Facebook, blogs or word-of-mouth.
· Sample Tweet might be (I know it's more than 140 characters, but Twitter will shorten the link for you): New Release In Her Sights by @RobinPerini 4.5 Stars from RT http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053TIBCM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=robinpecom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B0053TIBCM www.robinperini.com #book #romance
· Sample Facebook post: Check out my friend Robin Perini’s brand new romantic suspense debut. In Her Sights comes out today! RT Book Reviews said, "This riveting book will keep readers on the edge of their seats and surprise them at the end."
· Visit the blogs listed in the section above and comment if you have the time.
Whether you do one thing or all of the above, showing your support and sharing your love of books with others makes a difference.
I want to thank everyone for all of your support through the years, and I hope you enjoyed this newsletter. I'll be sending them out every quarter or so to update you on the latest.
All my best,
You are receiving this newsletter because you have attended one of my classes or have shown an interest. If you do not wish to receive further updates, newsletters or announcements, please go to http://robinperini.com/stay-informed/sign-up-for-mailing-list and click 'unsubscribe'.